Saturday, September 14, 2013

Lost and Found



Lost and found     Luke 15:1-10
When I was little my sister used to get lost in stores so she could hear them announce her name of the pa system. I lost Hannah once in the Mall when she was little, and it was really scary.
I’ve be lost while driving a few times with a friend that used to say, we’re not lost, we’re right here.
I even had a friend that got lost in Plattsburg once. He was at HyKals and they were shutting down the roads to set up the carnival and he couldn’t figure out how to get back to my house.
Have you ever gotten lost?

There are lots of ways to be lost. Do you ever daydream? That’s being lost in thought. I can get lost in a good book by just shutting out what is going on around me. You can even get lost in a crowd of people, if you  don’t know anyone or you feel alone.

The Bible reading for today is 2 stories that show how important God thinks we are when we are lost. God wants us to be a part of his family and never to feel lost and alone. Being a part of this church family, you have the advantage of not being lost.

Do you know where Helen lives? She lives right by the grade school. So does Marilyn. How about George? He lives close to the school, If you eaver felt lost while walking home for school, or you had car trouble or needed someone, you could stop at any of those houses. Do you know where to find your church family when you are at school? If you work at the school, please stand up. Those are people you can go to if you feel lost at school. Having friends, family and church family around us is one way for us to feel God’s love around us.

This week, I want you to look around you at school and in your neighborhood, and see if you can find other kids that might be feeling lost or alone. They are there, you just have to look. Maybe they need a friend someone to help them feel God’s love. You are getting 2 cookies today, I want you to eat, one and find someone to share the other with, and invite them to come to Sunday school or church or just show the God’s love.

Let's pray

No comments:

Post a Comment